Location: Monde – Uganda
Duration: 8 days
– 67 beneficiaries aged 3 – 18 years
– From the total of 67 participants in the camp, 50 were girls (75%) and 17 were boys (25%).
– The 3-6 age group included 21 children (30%). The 7-11 age group included 44 children (62%). The 12-18 age group included 26 children (8%).
Our goal is the holistic empowerment of the children of all ages to be equipped and armed with knowledge, skills and attitudes summarized in the following thematic areas:
- Personal Hygiene
- Discussion for the prevention of Malaria
- Social and emotional development (development of critical thinking, teamwork, collaboration, communication and presentation skills)
- Psychosocial support discussion groups (cooperation, solidarity, empowerment)
- Pedagogical and creative games (music-motor activities,constructions, socialization games, psychomotor activities)
Additionally during the camp:
– Breakfast and lunch was provided
– Personal hygiene items were provided
– Stationary items were provided. (Paper, pencils, markers, craft supplies, etc)