Location: Rubaare – Uganda
Duration: 12 Days
– 111 beneficiaries aged 3-22 years
– Out of the total of 111 participants in the training camp: 63 were girls (57%) and 48 were boys (43%).
– The 3-6 age group included 14 children (13%). The 7-11 age group included 57 children (51%). The 12-18 age group included 38 children (34%). The 19-25 age group included 2 children (2%).
– In this effort we have the blessingsof The Very Reverend Metropolitan Seraphim of Kythira as our spiritual guide.
Our goal is the holistic empowerment of the children of all ages to be equipped and armed with knowledge, skills and attitudes summarized in the following thematic areas:
- Personal Hygiene
- First Aid
- Social and emotional development (development of critical thinking, teamwork, collaboration, communication and presentation skills)
- Psychosocial support discussion groups (cooperation, solidarity, empowerment)
- Pedagogical and creative games (music-motor activities, constructions, socialization games, psychomotor activities)
Additionally during the camp:
– Breakfast and lunch was provided
– Personal hygiene items were provided
– Stationary items were provided. (Paper, pencils, markers, craft supplies, etc)