Location: Rubaare – Uganda
Duration: 8 days
– 154 beneficiaries aged 3-18 years
– From the total of 154 participants in the training camp, 78 were girls (51%) and 76 were boys (49%).
– The 3-6 age group included 16 children (20%). The 7-11 age group included 27 children (35%). The 12-18 age group included 35 children (45%).
– Out of 154 participants, 49 have attended all 3 Camps.
– The number of children who participated in the 3rd camp was less than expected because the new school year had already begun in some schools.
Our goal is the holistic empowerment of the children of all ages to be equipped and armed with knowledge, skills and attitudes summarized in the following thematic areas:
- Personal Hygiene
- Social and emotional development (development of critical thinking, teamwork, collaboration, communication and presentation skills)
- Psychosocial support discussion groups (cooperation, solidarity, empowerment)
- Pedagogical and Creative Games (music-motor activities,constructions, socialization games, psychomotor activities)
Hands-on Workshops: making a wooden spatula from branches
Additionally during the camp:
– Breakfast and lunch was provided
– Personal hygiene items were provided
– Stationary items were provided. (Paper, pencils, markers, craft supplies, etc