Location: Rwamagana – Rwanda
Duration: 8 days
– 156 beneficiaries aged 3-25 years
– From the total of 156 participants in the training camp, 77 were girls (49%) and 79 were boys (51%).
– The 3-6 age group included 9 children (10%). The 7-11 age group included 16 children (17%). The 12-18 age group included 49 children (54%). The 19-25 age group included 17 children (19%).
Of the 156 children who attended the 2nd Camp – 35 had attended the 1st.
Our goal is the holistic empowerment of the children of all ages to be equipped and armed with knowledge, skills and attitudes summarized in the following thematic areas:
- Social and emotional development (development of critical thinking, teamwork, collaboration, communication and presentation skills)
- Psychosocial support discussion groups (cooperation, solidarity, empowerment)
- Pedagogical and Creative Games (music-motor activities,constructions, socialization games, psychomotor activities
Additionally during the camp:
– Breakfast and lunch was provided
– Personal hygiene items were provided
– Stationary items were provided. (Paper, pencils, markers, craft supplies, etc).