Location: Monde – Uganda
Duration: 8 days
– 77 beneficiaries aged 3-13 years.
– From the total of 77 participants in the training camp, 50 were girls (65%) and 27 were boys (35%).
– The 3-6 age group included 13 children (17%). The 7-11 age group included 56 children (73%). The 12-18 age group included 8 children (10%).
– Of the 77 children who attended the 2nd Camp – 25 had attended the 1st .
Our goal is the holistic empowerment of the children of all ages to be equipped and armed with knowledge, skills and attitudes summarized in the following thematic areas:
- Social and emotional development (development of critical thinking, teamwork, collaboration, communication and presentation skills)
- Psychosocial support discussion groups (cooperation, solidarity, empowerment)
- Pedagogical and Creative Games (music-motor activities,constructions, socialization games, psychomotor activities)
Hands-on Workshop: making liquid soap.
Additionally during the camp:
– Breakfast and lunch was provided
– Personal hygiene items were provided
– Stationary items were provided. (Paper, pencils, markers, craft supplies, etc)