Location: Rubaare – Uganda
Duration: 8 days
– 203 beneficiaries aged 3 – 25 years
– From the total of 203 participants in the camp, 96 were girls (47%) and 107 were boys (53%).
– The 3-6 age group included 35 children (17%). The 7-11 age group included 86 children (42%). The 12-18 age group included 76 children (38%). The 19-25 age group included 6 children (3%).
– Of the 203 children who attended the 2nd Camp – 68 had attended the 1st.
Our goal is the holistic empowerment of the children of all ages to be equipped and armed with knowledge, skills and attitudes summarized in the following thematic areas:
- Personal Hygiene
- Social and emotional development (development of critical thinking, teamwork, collaboration, communication and presentation skills)
- Psychosocial support discussion groups (cooperation, solidarity, empowerment)
- Pedagogical and creative games (music-motor activities,constructions, socialization games, psychomotor activities)
Additionally during the camp:
– Breakfast and lunch was provided
– Personal hygiene items were provided
– Stationary items were provided. (Paper, pencils, markers, craft supplies, etc)